International Conference on
Anti Human Trafficking Initiatives : Theory to Practice
25th & 26th November, 2017
Rabindranath Tagore Centre, Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCR), Kolkata
Kolkata Mary Ward Social Centre- Loreto in association with The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Justice and Care & International Justice Mission will be hosting a two day international conference on Anti-Human Trafficking. Human Trafficking, is one of the principal human rights concerns in South-Asia and is also a global concern. Anti-Human Trafficking initiatives require concerted actions between law enforcement agencies, social workers, civil society organizations and other instrumentalities of the state. For many years, these different actors have been working within their domains to study the problems and arrive at solutions. There has however, been, very limited interactions between these set of actors. The conference aims to bring them together on a single platform to facilitate exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and setting the agenda for further action.
The conference calls for papers from Activists, Researchers and Practitioners on the issues identified below:
- Commercial sex trade human trafficking: trends, issues and challenges
- Unsafe migrations, armed conflicts, displacements and human trafficking.
- Trafficking in climate change, disasters and forced movements scenarios
- The internet, technology and trafficking: challenges, concerns and opportunities
- Justice for survivors: rehabilitation and re-integration (theory and practice)
- Children in conflict with law and the trafficking apparatus.
- Combating human trafficking: legal responses and challenges.
- The role of NGOs and CSOs in anti-human trafficking efforts: experiences and challenges.
- Sharing of best practices models in South-Asia.
Interested participants are to send their abstracts (not less than 500 words) to the address: email@example.com on or before 15th September 2017. Accepted abstracts will be notified on or before 30th September 2017. The complete papers must reach us on or before 20th October 2017.
|International Participants||50 USD|
|Indian Participants (for selected abstracts, per participant)||1500 INR|
|Indian Participants (Professional delegates who are not presenting papers)||2000 INR|
|Students (delegates who are not presenting papers) in Kolkata||500 INR|
|Students (delegates who are not presenting papers) from out of Kolkata||1000 INR|
|Local NGOs||500 INR|
The registration fee will cover accommodation (on a twin sharing basis) lunch, tea and other refreshments for the two days of the conference.
N.B: participants from Kolkata & neighbouring districts will not be provided any accommodation facilities.
There may a limited number of fee waivers and travel assistance funds that the organizers will be able to provide for participants whose papers are selected for presentation. If you require such a waiver, please write to us, when submitting the abstracts about why you require a waiver/travel assistance.
For any clarifications, the organizers can be contacted via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org